Sunday 12 June 2011

Oh my achin' arms

Not sure why, maybe it was ball practice today, but everything from my shoulders to elbows is aching.  Anyways, today I had a great day as far as quilting goes.  I sewed all my strips together from the quilt, added strips of white to the side because it was a bit too narrow, and then adding batting, a pieced backing, and basted it. Yay!

I will show pre-sandwich pictures because that's all that I took!


There's a few minor glitches, but all in all I'd say a pretty good job for my first kick at the can.


Lucky for me there is some batting left over so I can practice a bit of machine quilting, as well as how to use the good old walking foot.  I'm just going to do straight[ish] lines for my first attempt.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this is like when it's all done and washed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment