I ran out of the grey that I was using for the background from the first four, so I ordered more. Or so I thought. When it came, it was very much different colour. Well, not a problem there, I could just do five blocks with a dark grey I had on hand for a nice contrast. Well, I only had enough for three blocks. So, I did two setting blocks in the grey that I accidentally ordered. Oh well!
I knew I wasn't going to get 9 star blocks done in time for the QAL, so I chose to do setting blocks--good thing too because I have used almost every scrap of the fabric I had for this. Although I kind of butchered them and I'm not joking when I say not a single point lines up. Distance (and hopefully quilting) is my friend!
All in all, I do love it.
I also whipped up my bee blocks for September. We were to make whatever we wanted, so hopefully these will do! The scrappy one I just did, and the other block is a tea leaf block from the Vintage Quilt Revival book.
Below is the current state of the quilt for my month as bee leader. I made the one with the pearl bracelet print on the navy and it is driving me nuts. I'm going to use the star on the back and get rid of the irish chain block (I don't really thinks it's a stand alone block) and replace them with something different. I thought I would be ok with the contrast, but I'm just not. My plan is to have it finish at 5x4 blocks. I'm just waiting for one more pair to come in the mail, and then I will make the rest.
Meanwhile, someone is going through some raging teething--diaper rash, the runs, fever, and all! Poor little thing. Although this is the only time she will sit still and cuddle, so there is that.
I will be linking up with WIP Wednesday.