Tuesday 7 June 2011

The Kenmore 158 is back!

I'm so excited, I called the sewing shop today and my machine is repaired and usable!!  This is great news because not only do I not have to buy a new (used) machine, but this one is a solid piece of work!  Although I was sewing a plastic bag holder and bent the needle.  Me, being a dummy, kept right on sewing, and so now I have a little patch of dentedness on my plate.  Oh well, once I got a new needle (finally) in there it sewed like a charm.   Thirty years of being fine and it takes me an hour to chew through metal.  Oops!


Here is where I was working today.


The cabinet is made to hold the machine so it tucks away nicely and I can get it out of the way.  Unfortunately, the machine weighs about 35 lbs, so she's a little awkward to lug around.  So pleased though.  And I figured out why I couldn't get the Singer to work and why instruction manuals for threading a machine are key!

I will post a picture of the plastic bag holder once it is full of bags, and soon I'll post pictures of my progress on the zig-zag baby quilt I'm making.  Might try making a wee wonderful bunny soon, I see the baby I was making the quilt for has one already.  Well, that's it for now!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! My cabinet pretty much looks the same. Love these old machines. Too bad about your plate. I've dinged up the one on my mom's machine before too!

    ReplyDelete