Monday 13 June 2011

My first.

Thank goodness game 7 is in Vancouver, at least they have a chance there!  Anyways, that game was almost too sad to talk about.
The good news, I have officially finished my first quilt ever!  I'm so glad I decided to do this one first instead of the other one I'm working on.  I've made it a tri-color instead of scrappy because of my lack of a stash.  I think something that big would have been a bit overwhelming to start off with.
So, without further ado, here it is!

I washed it so it's all nice and crinkly
Pieced together backing from leftovers

I love the look of striped binding, so I gave it a shot
I didn't do any hand-stitching for the binding, I did it strictly by machine, and I think it looks great!  there are definitely a few oopsies here and there, but all together I am please with the results.  The final dimensions of the quilt are 27" x 35".  I had been aiming a bit bigger but with shrinking and some miscalculations on my part, let's just say it was a great learning experience and I admit I'm quite proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment