Monday 20 June 2011

Nine Squareness

I spent the weekend away from my crafting ways playing ball in Winnipeg.  It was great and I got to hang out with my mom and sister, something that doesn't happen very often.

Today it was back to class.  It's too bad for the teacher because she has to teach us when all we can do is thing about the fact that we're months away from completion, and that this is our last time spent in a class!

After that I came home and got back to work on my quilt.  I continued to press seams open on the two joined columns, and then joined the third; my nine-patch blocks are complete!  Now I just need to get back to pressing the seams open again and then I will connect them all.

I threw 9 squares together to give the general effect.

I wish I'd picked a different fabric for my lightest one, but I think once the whole thing gets put together I will like it more.  I am glad that I went with a pattern to my idea, it isn't fancy but I decided with only three colours I was better off making it structured.  Someday I will get adventurous and make a scrappy quilt.

The final quilt is going to be huge, I'm feeling a bit
intimidated.  I will just have to do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment