Thursday 7 July 2011

It's going to be a while

I was able to order the new piece for my sewing machine today.  It's going to take about three weeks to get here.  So no machine sewing for a bit.  For today, I have a picture of the little bag I made to hold plastic bags.


I actually really like the way this turned out.  There is a hole at the bottom that the bags get pulled out of.  Unfortunately, plastics bags don't lend themselves to the finest shape, but this is the best I could get.  Also, I do intend to get a hook in there to hang it from, but for the time being I am just improvising!

I'm going to start cutting up my Pure fabric collection to make a quilt from a pattern in The Practical Guide to Patchwork from Elizabeth over at Oh, Fransson! It involves a lot of 2.5" squares.  We'll see how it turns out, I do love this collection.

I will not say anything else about the pattern because I want to respect the creator, but it's going to be awesome.  You know, next year when I finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment