Well, hopefully they start getting better, but I did get the first 8 squares done. They measure at 7" x 8" right now, so they'll finish up at 6.5" x 7.5". Here's a shot of the back to show the block placement.
After doing the 8 blocks in this pattern, I discovered that I miscalculated my measurements! The centre column was 1/4" shorter than the sides. Awesome. So I took the top piece out and recut new pieces for each pattern. The good thing is that I didn't waste a whole heck of a lot of fabric because there were scraps I could use, and I can use the short ones in the future. I do love these prints!
I tried my darndest to line up these blocks well so that they were all as close to perfect as possible. I still didn't quite make it. And I was very careful with my cutting. But here's two of the better blocks so far. Hopefully a bit later I'll have a better job done with different patterns.
Of course, I won't be putting the same patterns side-by-side, but this gives you an idea what things will look like!