Friday, 2 September 2011

Design on the Design Wall

Well, I've officially used my new design wall for the first time.  I used it to figure out the backing for my  fandango quilt.  Well, part of the backing.  I had two half yard pieces left so I figured I'd cut out as many 6" squares as I could and use those, somehow, as part of the back.

I strained my brain (not really) and figured out how many squares I'd need to fill the quilt (top to bottom, not the whole thing), and then laid them out.

I liked what I was seeing!

And it worked  out awesome!  It ended up being a basic nine-square block and I still have a few scraps left over for a future project.  Well, to be a small part of the future project.  Here is a close-up of the squares to see the pattern.  I'm not sure if it was the lighting, but I think that this [following] picture turned out a bit bluer than in reality.

I just need to connect the pieces.  Because it's labour day weekend,  I will most certainly not be sewing, but rather going to the lake.  I think that the lake would probably be a good place to sew though.

No comments:

Post a Comment