Wednesday 30 November 2011

WIP Wednesday

This is more of a *YAY I got fabric in the mail* type post but there is something in progress.  I promise.  So, first off, the goods:


Hooray for Hometown!  Since I'm a real grown-up now and I have a job and everything, I bought the incredible FQ bundle.  I'm not sure what my plan is, but I did do a Cyber Monday purchase from Fat Quarter Shop (25% off everything until Thurs!) that included the Swoon quilt pattern.  It's a possibility.


Also arriving, Curio!  Ever since I saw this I knew I wanted some.  There's a few patterns on Moda Bake Shop that I'm wanting to try.  So, we'll see what happens.  It may not happen for a while!

As for actual WIP, Starry Eyed is getting there.  She's all sandwiched up, and I've done a bit of stitching with the walking foot to start before I get into hand quilting around the stars.  It will definitely be the biggest project I've tackled.


I almost ran out of safety pins by the time I got to the outer quilt blocks, so it's a tad thin for basting.  Hopefully this won't mess with things.

So this will probably be my WIP for a while as I'm slower than a cucumber doing calculus at hand quilting.  So, check out what everyone else is doing!!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Hand quilting, that sounds like a challenge. It is something that I haven't tried yet, it seems a little daunting.
    Great idea to machine quilt some sections, that will hold it together nicely and should make hand sewing easier to manage.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand quilting...I did the small Dora quilt going around the pictures. I worked and worked on it and it took me almost 2 weeks. I can not imagine the time to do a full size quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That star quilt is going to be awesome! Good luck with the hand quilting, I haven't been brave enough to try it yet, but one day I surely will.

    ReplyDelete