Wednesday 22 October 2014

WIP Wednesday

For all that I feel I have been busy, I don't have a lot to show.

I finished off the bee blocks for this month.  We have two leaders this month, so I made four instead of two.  The first were x & + blocks.  I love how these two turned out, and kind of want to make a quilt of these blocks for myself.  Maybe someday?  Or perhaps I'll start cutting pieces from each fabric I cut for something else to make blocks gradually?

Bee Block

Bee block

I couldn't bring myself to toss the extra scraps from the above blocks so I made HSTs and put them together to make a mug rug. Not sure what to do with them.  I used a new toy, my bloc-lox ruler, to trim them up.  I highly recommend it as a ruler, it's great!

Mug rug

The other bee blocks were Christmas themed, so I used my few Christmas fabrics paired with red and green fabrics.

October Bee Blocks

I also made a new shirt for myself!  This is a Neptune Tee from See Kate Sew.  It's a basic tee that you can put those cute triangle cut-outs into.  I love the sleeves, they're the perfect length!

DSC_0027

The fabric is from Girl Charlee, and I am super pumped at how I managed to match the stripes along the side.

DSC_0028

It can be left plain, without the triangles.

DSC_0029

The cut-outs can also be inset with a contrasting fabric.  I didn't really think that anything would match this fabric well so I left it empty.

DSC_0031

I love this shirt! It's so comfy and was pretty easy to make.  And, if you ever wanted to see a lot of me, here you are!

DSC_0033

Gratuitous baby photo!!

DSC_0010

I will be linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

3 comments:

  1. Looks quite productive to me:-) I'm in awe of your t-shirt. I am way too cowardly to try anything stretchy and yours looks brilliant - so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those X and + blocks - great colours! Your t-shirt is nice too - I also go crazy trying to line up prints along the seams. And that baby is just adorable! Love the dimples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shirt! You did a lovely job Kate. And yes please to more x and plus blocks. I love them too

    ReplyDelete