Here's the whole thing.
This is how I quilted the four setting squares. Anything white got a small scale stipple, and the grey is just loops back and forth.
I did two of the corners with scallops around the star.
And the other two with just echo lines.
The centre star has pebble fmq in the grey, and a spiral in the star itself.
The backing is a print by Amy Butler, I don't remember the name and I sewed the selvage into it. It wasn't big enough so I used my leftover grey to finish it off.
This picture shows how I quilted the stars in the four corners. I just did that up and down in each of the twelve segments.
The binding is one I got on sale, the selvage said 'Alhambra 2.' It was what I had originally wanted to back the quilt with but I didn't have nearly enough. Apparently I am completely delusional about the amount of fabric it takes to back a 72" square quilt.
I tried a new method of binding, based on a couple different tutorials, but the main one by Red Pepper Quilts. It is the best job I have ever done machine quilting binding.
Despite the poor pictures, the quilt turned out great!
Lastly, I got back into my Harry Potter blocks. For those in the know, this is the golden snitch.
Connecting to WIP Wednesday.